Frequently Asked Questions

When do I get paid? Administrative staff and student employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis, with pay day falling on every second Thursday as outlined on Acadia's bi-weekly payroll schedules. Faculty are paid monthly on the last business day of the month as outlined on Acadia's monthly payroll schedule.

How do I receive my pay? Your net pay will be deposited directly to your bank account.  A pay advice detailing your gross pay and deductions can be accessed through the Self Service portal found here.

Do I need a Social Insurance Number in order to get paid? All employees are required to have a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number. Payroll will hold all requisitions and payment until a Social Insurance Number is provided. Information and application for a Social Insurance Number are available on the Service Canada website. Please ensure you review the required personal identification documents needed to obtain a Social Insurance Number prior to submitting your application. 

What do the abbreviations mean on my pay advice? For a complete listing of all earnings and deduction abbreviations, click here

Can I deposit to more than one bank account? Yes, there are several options available to you. Please contact the appropriate payroll administrator (see below).

If I am an Hourly employee, how do I record my hours? If you are an Hourly employee, please contact your supervisor to determine how you will record your hours. If you record your hours via TSOnline/WebAdvisor, you must be connected to Acadia’s network to access the site. If you need to access TSOnline/WebAdvisor while off-campus, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) must be set up for security reasons. Please refer to the Hourly payroll schedule to make sure your hours have been recorded by the cut-off dates and times.For information and assistance in setting up the VPN, please follow the instructions as provided by Technology Services via the following link:

Why didn't I get paid? Human Resources must have authorization from the hiring department before payroll is processed for any employee group (faculty, administrative staff and students).  Payroll forms (a) New Hire Information Form, (b) Federal TD1 and (c) Provincial TD1NS forms along with your direct deposit information must be received by Human Resources no later than the dates indicated on the payroll schedule.

How do I change my payroll information? Changes to payroll must be updated via the Information Change Form and submitted to Human Resources. Changes for administrative staff and student employees must be made by the cut-off date as outlined on the payroll schedule.   Changes for faculty are required before the 15th of the month that the change is to take effect. 

Who do I contact for help? Administrative & Student inquiries should be directed to Matthew BustinFaculty inquiries should be directed to Kelli Mahoney.