Checklist for Hiring Hourly/Casual Paid Employees
Approval to hire a casual/hourly paid employee requires the signature of the Department/Budget Unit Head and the appropriate Vice-President by submitting the following form to the HR Payroll Administrator.
In addition, the following forms must be completed and submitted as directed on the form to ensure the employee has the required access for:
- Network Account Request
- Eden-Online Account Request Form (Student Information System)
- Eden Security Waiver (Student Information System)
- Application for Online Financial Access (Datatel)
- Office Key Authorization
- Telecommunications Work Order
The employee must complete the following forms, which may accompany the Payroll Authorization form, or may be submitted directly by the employee, providing the position and department are clearly identified so as to match with the appropriate authorization form.
- New Hire Information Form
- Federal Personal Tax Credit Form and link to Q&A on the Basic Personal Amount
- Nova Scotia Provincial Personal Tax Credit Form
All forms must be completed and submitted in a timely manner so as not to delay receipt of earnings. Please see Payroll Schedules and Cut-off Dates for processing times.