2023-2024 Fall Term Student Teaching Assistantships

To:         All Faculties/Schools

From:    Payroll, Human Resources

Date:     July 21, 2023

Re:        2023-2024 Fall Term Student Teaching Assistantships

Here is the enrollment form for the 23-24 Fall Term.

The University policy regarding Student Teaching Assistants can be found on the Human Resources page here:

Processing Dates and Pay Details

  • Deadline for submission of the Student Teaching Assistant Enrolment forms and all students’ personal information is Friday, September 29th, 2023.
  • The standard work schedule for a Student Teaching Assistant is 6 hours/week for 12 weeks per term, for a total of 72 hours.  You may customize this work schedule as needed, providing the Assistant is paid at the appropriate rate.
  • Student Teaching Assistants are paid minimum wage, which as of October 1st 2023, is $15/hour + 4% vacation pay ($15.60/hour total)
  • The standard Student Teaching Assistant payment currently is $1,123.20 per term.
  • The pay date for the fall term payments will be November 23rd, 2023.

Enrolment Form

  • There is a link to the form at the top of this email.  You can also find it on our HR website, under Employment forms.
  • This form needs to be completed and submitted in the Excel format.  Handwritten documents will not be accepted.

Employee Documentation

  • We will be creating shared OneDrive folders for each department and sending you links to streamline this process in the near future.  If you have any questions, or if you did not receive the link to the shared folder by the end of August, please email us at payroll@acadiau.ca.
  • If an Assistant is currently in the University payroll system, no further documents are needed unless they would like to change/update their information.
  • For new Student Teaching Assistants to be added to the University payroll, we need their new hire documentation; Existing employees do not need to submit unless there are changes to their information.
  • All International students must also provide the following documents;
    • Copy of current valid study permit

Go back